Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

What's going' on?


Whew! It has been a year since my last update and this is gonna be my first story for the New Year. 

I am writing this thousands of miles away from home. Currently, I am staying in Georgia state where our eldest is living with his family. I've had many firsts in the past couple of months -- first Thanksgiving, first Christmas and New Year's outside the Philippines and first birthday celebration outside of Asia.

The last quarter of 2015 and the first half of 2016 had been devoted to campaigning for my boss. Please do not ask 'coz I'd rather not drop his name. Instead, I'll be sharing with you some of the wonderful places in Visayas and Mindanao that I was fortunate to visit during the campaign trail.

I always feel excited whenever I get the chance to go around VisMin. One benefit is that I get to practice Cebuano. Having a mother who was born and raised in Oslob (Cebu), I only get to hear Mama speak when she gets mad at me or my other siblings, or when talking to our Bisaya relatives.

Most of the photos below were taken using my cellphone. The nicer photos are with our media officer. 👧👌📷

To be honest, I miss being active in the Philippine political arena. But, I'd opt to enjoy the remaining weeks of vacation. 


**All photos are mine. Give proper credit if you will use my photo.**


El Salvador City, Misamis Oriental
(In the background are Jocelyn and Carlo, my workmates)

This is the port of Olango Island, just off Mactan in Cebu.

This is the viewing area to the world famous Cloud 9 in Siargao Island (Surigao del Norte). Siargao is one of my favorite places in the entire world!

The big rooster statue in MANUKAN, Zamboanga del Norte.

The Provincial Government of Zamboanga del Norte boasts of having an enormous
  sports complex, this Oval included.

Here with Cheryl and the Captain on board the vessel to Bantayan Island, Cebu.


The waters of Bantayan are comparable to Boracay's. 

Sunny in this side of Cebu Province

That famous marker along Rizal Boulevard in Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental.


 Tanjay City will always have a special place in my heart. During my stint at my most recent workplace, I have made so many friendships here and in various areas across the province.


Bais City, Negros Oriental :)  


 Aside from the popular silvanas and sans rival, never leave Dumaguete without trying their Tsokolate and bod-bod.


Mabinay Spring (Mabinay, Negros Oriental)



Tandag City, Surigao del Sur








No comments: